Monday, July 6, 2015

Gardner Fam Rebellion...

Ryan's family gathered together for a fam reunion this past week.  We spent our days recreating and our nights slumber partying together and we had a great time.
Day one was a big four-wheeler ride through the mountains.  Let me remind you, there are eight little misters ages 5 and under on this side of the fam.... so a lot of creative Razor riding was called for, as was one gallon of sunscreen, forty-eight bags of fruit snacks and MANY a QTip afterwards to finally clear out the dust from tiny ears.
And probably a lot more than MANY for Lynnett!  :)
Summary?  Heaven for a bunch of little man cousins.  And pretty close to that for RyGar and I who have never met a four-wheeler ride we didn't like. 
We went up AF Canyon where we stopped for breakfast and did some little hikes until we eventually made our way to Cascade Springs.  It was a gorgeous day and the kids had a great time collectively building a bridge across the streams rock by rock and eating pancakes off the griddle and splashing one another until nary a dry shoe could be found. 
 
When we made the trek back everyone was thoroughly dusty but Mike had the foresight to rent an inflatable water slide to let the kids have a "pre-wash rinse cycle" in.  They loved it and I loved that the first three layers of sunscreen coated in dirt largely made it's way off their little cheeks.
 And holy moly I bet you wait with baited breath for Part II of this little entry, eh?!  I know, I know, I'm cruel to lead you on in such a way, but alas, I think I've reached my max number of photos per post, so it's gonna be a two-fer.  More to come!

No comments: