Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Georgetown U.S.A...

I'll admit... our summer memory books have a great many pages that contain St. George.  We love it there.  Especially this July in particular where the highs were 97 degrees.  Perfect swimming weather.  And we're like Pavlov's dog when we see any commercial on tv that shows off the red rocks and blue skies we've learned to love so dearly.
So, when I have a blank week staring back at me on the calendar... it's a relief AND a no brainer.  I announce my intentions, the boys run like wild indians through the house gathering all manner of "supplies" they might need tossing them into their little blue roller bags and the madness begins.
It's the best.
And side note... RyGar is the best for encouraging these little escapades.  No joke, instead of being ornery or jealous he makes sure the oil looks good in the car, helps me load up sunglasses for each little dude, and kisses us all good bye telling us to "have a great time" and telling me to "keep it reasonable".  Ha Ha.  I asked him this last go around if he did it because of selfish (quiet) reasons, and he replied, "No, I just know I would hit the road all the time if it were my role to be home with these guys."
So sweet.  He's a keeper.  Plus, it's that or hosting a house full of neighbor folk, so three is easy peasy.
Anyway, as we were... George town loves us.  We love it.  We have a symbiotic swimming relationship that goes like this:
We swim in the am
We swim in the pm
They crash hard.
We repeat.
 They're getting dang good too.
The only down side is that I live in a damp suit all week with a cover up on and my hair piled on top of my head.  It ain't fancy folks... why primp when we'll be back in the water in a couple of hours?  So we swing by Swig or "Old McDonalds" for nourishment lookin' mighty fine.  :)
When they're tired of the full submersion bit (or more like I tell them they're tired so they'll take a break) we run a couple of errands and inevitably end up back in the water.  Sometimes we hit an awesome splash pad or two just to keep things fresh.
 And sometimes I cry at the fact that Acey is now taller than the little statue dude at the city center.
Hold me.
Our own little splash pad doesn't suck either.  And if I have to be honest, I think it comes with the best playground equipment in the entire valley.
My little hick town fellers were  selling fictional "deer meat" from the top of the playground in exchange for three rocks or three wood chips.  Business was boomin'.  Probably in large part because they're customers were curious to find out what deer meat actually was?  Makes me laugh.
They were also practicing their Ninja Warrior moves on the spinning monkey bars, and lemme just say, those aren't easy.  I tried them.  Another reason you'll want to pretend not to know me if you see me in Dixie.  I really, completely get it.
Bottom Line... We find a little more magic every time we visit our Oasis in the dessert.  We get excited to make more memories every trip.  
 And rest assured, when we're back, we'll dive right in where we left off.  :)