Friday, July 11, 2014

IPhoneography: Life Lately

Life in the summer is insane.  And I know you all know that, but still... it's worth mentioning what a circus it is on a regular basis.  I mostly love the mach speed merry-go-round because it makes me feel like I'm in the throws of motherhood with toddlers.  It's physical and awesome and strenuous.  But every so often, when they crash in a heap like this... I celebrate the fact that there are moments of pause.
We are in the middle of swim lessons.  Week one down.  They totally nailed it.  And week two forthcoming.  How rad do they look in this picture?  Ace Face threw a whopper of a twonager fit and refused to participate in swim lessons???  That was a first and I didn't want to fight so I pulled him. Sometimes I have to remind myself he is younger than they are, and also, he doesn't have the luxury of a built in brotherly companion in every class scenario like they do.  Poor babe.
 And then, just like magic, we went to the car wash after swim lessons and there was Dale Murphy giving fives to my boys and signing autographs and talking to them about being good boys and staying strong.  It was epic.  They didn't fully comprehend, but they knew it was rad.
 Also on the rad list:
Little boys that dress up as Superheroes and remain in character for the bulk of a day.
Gardening with the Gardner Guys.  They LOVE it.

And Friday Fun Nights
{dubbed by the gents}
Wherein we watch a movie and have a special treat. 
RyGar has been taking one little man cub at a time out to the greens to use their new clubs.  This happened to be Dax's day and he asked on every single hole.... "Dad, do we get to 'puttle' on this hole?" When he got home I asked him what his favorite part was and he said, "I love puttling and driving the cart."  And I smiled all night long. 
 Next up... we're prepping for a party for someone special who is turning FIVE!
I can't even believe it.
XO, Summer.

No comments: