Monday, July 7, 2014

Home of the Brave...

Fourth of July makes me feel like I'm winning at life.  I just can't wipe that stupid grin off my face.
 
It helps that we do the Fourth in Richfield... which is basically the updated town featured in "Sandlot" during the famous dog chase.  It also helps that red and blue are my favorite colors, and that stripes are a current obsession.  I'm just sayin' it all seems to fit me like a glove.  Especially the part where I get to be with my people.  Man I love them.
Like a lot.
And America's Holiday has a way of reminding me of that.
This year was no exception.
Maybe it was the addition of the bubble guns which added iridescence to my view.  Maybe it was the way our little crew of parade-goers have mastered the art of the quick candy pick up, or the "look at us, we're cute throw us more candy" wave.
(As a group they may have lugged out more taffy than I have ever seen in one place.)
 
It could have been the fish grab where our little fishermen quickly nabbed their Rainbow Trout and then jumped in to grab a fish for the two-year-old crowd.  Or the fireworks each and every night of the weekend.  OB-SessED.
 
More than likely it was all of it... collectively.  Begging to have it's picture taken to be etched in pixels forever.  We ooze patriotism and family and sweet summer relaxation during America's Birthday weekend and it is so, so good... Tipping on the verge of magical.
Hence the overload of pictures.  And you know what?  I feel good about that too.  :) 
I am so grateful for my life.  Grateful to live in the U.S.A.  Grateful for my freedom.  And eternally grateful for this little family who spends their summer holiday at my home turf. 

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

So awesome! You guys really know how to do Independence Day right! And wow, I am impressed with that fish pond thing, I have never seen anything like it!!!

The Sutherland Family said...

Oh my heavens it was so fun! Good food, good times, cutest kiddos ever =)