Monday, March 17, 2014

Of Magic and Mice...

Well, we did it.
We done went to the happiest place on earth and if I may, I'm going to be so bold as to say, we totally conquered the joint.  
I mean, these kids of ours were better than we ever dreamt they would be and then some.  They did a mighty fine job indeed -- car rides included.  And Ryan and I?  Fuh-get-about-it.  We pushed those strollers up and down the streets of Disney and through the crowds like rock stars.
I'm giving us all a 10.0 for sure.
Despite the "you must take this picture upon entering the gates of Disney photo-op flop" I was surrounded by these devastatingly great boy men for three days straight and ladies of all ages just kinda went gaga for them.  I get it.  I really do.
You should note the dog tags in every picture.  I was certain I'd lose a babe and though they all know their names and our names, I was just... well, terrified.  
So they wore their little Army accessories everywhere and it kind of added to their overall appeal.
This is Ace modeling his with his own version of the "blue crush" face.  'Atta way, tiger.
You should also note that the massive turkey leg was a total hit atop the giant ferris wheel which may be illegal - but no one told us.  The littles were gobbling so fast because they were certain they could see "Sharks" in the water below and they didn't want the ocean life to eat their lunch.
They mastered the art of line waiting.  The key is to talk with the characters in depth about life's biggest questions AND to snack on an endless supply of goodies while climbing on or messing about with the chains and or gates that designate line waiting.  Only once did we have to ask a little man to stop licking it... which coincidentally was when I nearly lost my lunch.  :)
They rode every ride they met the minimum height requirements on at least once.  
 And they must be living right because they got to ride Splash Mountain (Their very favorite ride) four times with NO LINE and Radiator Springs four times with fast passes and switch passes.  
When Ace couldn't ride he was a good sport and he pulled out a car or a some other little toy and entertained himself or volunteered to feed the ducks.
They watched every parade with either a churro or cotton candy in hand because their Dad is the very nicest and because they shocked us by not once even asking for a souvenir?  Like, who are they already?  I am still a little bit baffled by their gentlemanly Disney behavior.  We might go back after all.
Ace mastered the, "Gimme Five" game and added "Cut the Pickle.... Tickle Tickle" to the end like a champ.  He did it to all the little ladies he could get to and at times would climb out of his stroller to show off his latest trick.
Me?  I smiled like a loon just watching all this magic happen around me.
Seriously - it is not a lie... Disney + Kids = Magic.  
I feel like Ryan and I are living the American dream all thanks to a week in sunny California with a bunch of cartoon characters and our own little gang of toons.
Life is the strangest. 
 And the sweetest.
Don't you think?

3 comments:

Chrystie said...

Congrats on the successful Disney trip! Aint nowhere better if you are between the age of 2 and well...I don't know where the range stops, because I love it too. But it is NOT a relaxing vacay for the 'rents if you know what I mean. When you get back from a Disney trip, you are three times as worn out as you were when you started. We are thinking of planning a trip soon, so do tell...where did you stay?

The Sutherland Family said...

Looks like you had a great time! It really is magical!

Kelli said...

We experienced Disney for the first time last fall. I have to admit, it is also pretty fun with a couple of teenagers girls and a cute 8 year old boy. The magic continues.
Glad it was a success!!