Wednesday, February 19, 2014

On Grown Ups...

I spent the past weekend with my Mom and Sista in sunny St. George, Utah.  We toured fabulously decorated homes at the home show, and shopped, and ate, and got our tootsies done, and went to a movie, and basically lived the life that dreams are made of for a few days together.  It was Heavenly.
And do you know who watched the kiddos and held the home front together while I was away?  You guessed it... Ryno, The Great.  I came home Monday night to well-fed, tired, happy kiddos who dutifully reported the only strike of their weekend, "I stepped in dog poop".
And that, my friends, is a successful long weekend.

Yesterday, I spent the day conquering ten loads of laundry.  TEN.  And I smiled to myself as I vanquished pile after pile.  Boys.  They're a messy lot.  My Big Boy... The King Pin... He fed these babes of mine, played with them all day-every day, maybe even bathed them.  He kept them from any bruises or injuries that I can see, and tucked them in tight every night.  He gave it all his big boy energies and I'm proud of him.  Even if laundry and vacuuming and things of that nature didn't even cross his mind.  :)

Tonight I was waiting for Dax to brush his teeth-- P.S. It's not "Daxi" anymore - "Just call me Dax, not Daxi", he tells me.  And I nod solemnly and agree to adhere to his mature little wishes.  Anyway, I was looking at the reflection of my face in the mirror and Dax said, "Do you have 'a zits'?"  I laughed and said, "Probably."  He asked why I would have "a zits" and I told him I guess it must be because I am a pubescent grown up.  To which he replied in the most serious tone,
"Yep, girls are grown ups and boys are just kids."
Never have truer words been spoken.

Happy to be home in my sanctuary with my people kids.  :)
And feeling blessed to be surrounded by the best of grown ups, and the cutest of kids, of all-time... Ever.

2 comments:

The Sutherland Family said...

Seriously loved it. So rejuvenating in every way!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin