Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lately It's Lovely...

Big news... Daddy-o hasn't traveled much these past couple of weeks.  We barely know what to do with ourselves.  What we do know, is it is lovely.
We also know that clearly no one else will do for a bedtime story but the big guy.  I almost die of love overdose when I see him with little man children piled all around him in a tiny little twin bed reading, "Goldilocks and The Three Bears" for the third time in a row.  It's just too much to take in a single moment and it makes my heart burst.
And about that... My days, you guys, are totally mundane and physically challenging and on the surface look like errands and groceries and toddlers and meals and cleaning and repeat.  But those things all tally up to building a life together.  And being able to see those shifts in love -- from cleaning a toilet out of love for my family with a healthy dose of obligation -- to just basking in the two-year-old that is running full speed at me with his arms out yelling, "I'n coming!" and when he reaches my legs and wraps his little arms around them he pronounces so sincerely, "I yove you ALL the time, Mom" -- to sitting next to my partner in crime at the end of the day in comfortable familiarity and sharing some silly laughs between two tired people who are in love.
It's all kind of rewarding and thrilling and shockingly beautiful and I just love it.  And with these four men of mine around, there is rarely a moment in any given day when I feel lacking in love.  Which is such a huge blessing.

Now, when I contradict myself in my next post,
let's all just chalk that up to, "the ebbs and flows of life".
But until then... loveliest mid-week wishes to you all.

No comments: