Friday, November 22, 2013

Time Out...

So, I called a time out earlier today.  


The play room had been completely disassembled thanks to an epic hunt for the "doctor ear checker thingie" that was direly needed for a game of Doc McStuffins. Acey had a couple of whopping diapers which left the entire house in a state of unbearable stench.  And I was tired from going to the late, late showing of the Hunger Games II with the RyGar... I know, I know, how dare I complain, but we all know what an incredible late night owl I am these days.
{Lame}


Anyway, the hubs called to check in on his little fam-damily at home as he sometimes does and I just sort of lost it at him.  I told him about the literal shit that was going down, emphasis on the four-letter word, because I'm sure he's always so impressed when I talk like a lady... and he just laughed.  Which was risky because that could go either way with me during one of those moments...
{But this time it worked.}


"It's not funny,"  I said.
"It's a little funny," He said.  "You know you've always wanted this.  You wished for little trouble-making boys for years and here it all is... your heart's wishes come true.  And you love it.  And they're good boys."


And the thing is, I DO love it and they ARE good boys and this is nothing short of a wish come true.  But I'm allowed that moment every now and again, yeah?  I'm also going to allow myself to take a little reminder from a good man who can shift my eyes to a slightly different view of the exact same situation and let gratitude enter the scene.
{Where did I find him?}

Or him?

So, the next scene?  Oh yes, a Time Out.  We raided the Halloween stock pile of the chocolate variety.  Shoved toys aside to create a little clearing and shared swigs of a Diet Coke.  We fueled up and cleaned the disaster zone.  Finally found the damn Febreeze which we sprayed generously throughout the house. Went on a walk to collect the mail.  Found the little blue ear checker thing in the mailbox... {Who even knows?} Then I laid on the couch with my feet up for an entire twenty minutes while I got a full physical including a thorough examination of my ear, nose, throat situation courtesy of the medical staff here... who collectively, by the way, happen to have the most stellar bedside manner.


And now it's Friday night, baby.  And my mood is right.
{Finally.}


Happy Weekend... And... May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor.  :) 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

A collective time out!! Genius!! With chocolate! Genius!! You have all the best ideas!!