Wednesday, November 13, 2013

One... Uno... Un...

Did I mention the fact that I got to go on a little road trip with RyGar last week for business mixed with pleasure?  It was ah-mazing because, hello, I had him in the car for ten hours straight almost entirely to myself (he does have a phone, dang it) and I kind of just talked AT him and laughed with him and dined on gas station delights the entire time and I was one happy girlie!


Anyway, we made it to Phoenix where Ry had meetings and I had a date with the sunshine and on the first day there was golf.  To the women of the world, men totally have this whole "business travel" thing figured out.  Golfing in the sun with a side of food for the first day of meetings to break the ice?  Genius.


So there I was at the Botanical Gardens and I get a text message from the hubs saying, "I just got a hole-in-one!"  Wait, what it actually said was, "I JUST HIT A HOLE-IN-ONE!"  Oh my gosh, I could feel his excitement so I quickly responded back, "Babe!  That's amazing!  Congrats!"  Then I got thinking, or maybe my brain cells were actually just shriveling up in the unseasonable sun and heat, and I said, "Wait, is this your first one?"  Oops.


When I made it back to the resort I ran into him and his colleagues and friends who were STILL whooping and hollering and reliving every detail and I listened and watched my other half just grinning like a school boy and they all really let me have it for momentarily derailing his golfer's high.  

"That is SUCH an elite club he just joined, Amber!"  
"169 Yard Par 3 in one shot... I still can't get over it!"
"Do you realize you'll get to bring your family back here when you're old and gray and Ryan's name will be on the plaque forever noting this day in his life and in history?"  
"I've been golfing for forty years and I have NEVER seen a hole-in-one until today."

"OK, OK, I get it!  RyGar is a stud.  I'm a clueless golf wifey.  I owe him favors.  You decide the variety of said favors."  And that is how I redeemed myself.  :)

SO, without further ado, I introduce you to Ryno, the Great.  Golfer Extraordinaire.  Handsome Outlaw.  Patient Husband.  Rad Dad.



And since I have learned a few things courtesy of google, I'll spread some Hole-In-One Factoids with you... you know, I'm a giver:
-Sometimes a hole in one is known as an ACE.  I'm pretty sure our third-born is a good luck charm.
-Holes in one are extremely rare and the odds for an average golfer to make a hole-in-one are approximately 12,500 to 1.  So, since RyGar is clearly better than average, his odds are more like 10,000 to 1.  



Since he's clearly on a bit of a roll, I'm thinking we might just hit Vegas next.  But not the greens if you know what I mean.  I'm seeing three cherries that magically roll together on a slot machine.  Whose in?

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Wow! Give Ryan an "Attaboy" for me. Awesome!!!