Thursday, November 28, 2013

So Thankful...

I am thankful...

Thankful that Dax's teacher taught him what it means to be thankful and he declared his gratitude for her, his very first teacher.  And she reported the whole thing back to me crying.


Thankful that Kael says, "I just yove you, Mom... all the day yong."  Every.Single.Time.


Thankful that Ace doesn't just say "Thank you," but "Tank you SOoo much, Mommy".
What else would you like little man?


Thankful for Ryan.  Who is it for me.  I mean really, that guy, he's the start of it all and the reason I have so much to be grateful for.


Thankful for my ears that can hear the sweetest & funniest declarations known to mankind courtesy of my little comedians...

Dax:  "Mom is this the three-way (freeway)?  We need to drive on a four-way for Kael because he's four now."

Dax:  "I'm kinda sick."
Kael:  "No you're just tired little buddy."

Ace:  "Daxi don't yell please!  Acey's talkin' on the phone!"

Dax:  "Mom... you are so fun to me!"

Kael:  "I just don't yike cookies.  I only yike cupcakes.  So... I'm a cupcake monster!"

Ace:  "Uh-Oh Mommy, you sit at the wall right now!"

Kael:  "Oh Yord.  Somebody banged our house!  Did you hear that?"

Dax:  Mom, did you know Ashton was Dark Mater (Darth Vader) for Halloween?"

Kael:  "Mom, watch me jump," as he jumps from every piece of furniture in this house.  Followed 100% of the time with, "Did I touch the roof?"

Thankful to be wearing apple pie perfume today and making pilgrim hats and pinecone turkeys with cousins and grandparents.  Thankful to understand the scope of our good fortune compared to a world where pain and suffering is an everyday reality.  And praying that my babies will recognize their blessings and do something good -- give back, make changes, help & inspire.  

Thankful to be listening to "thank you" roll off my little mens' tongues so effortlessly in response to others' kindness.  Someday soon I will teach these boys to spell "thank you" and they will write it themselves in a card that they will send to grandmas & grandpas & friends.  

But for now I will bask in this day with my greatest blessings, where we dwell on our sweet life over sweet slices of pie and hold on to hugs a little bit longer.

And I'm thankful for silver spray paint.  Which may just make it's way onto every decoration we own this Christmas.  Just sayin'.
:)

No comments: