Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sleeping "Longer"...

Our kids wake up every morning and come bounding into our room with one goal in mind... To find out if they "slept yonger or early".  If it's prior to 7 am, it's early.  If it's after 7 am, it's longer.  And they're SO proud of themselves when they sleep longer... but not nearly as proud as their Mom & Daddy-o are.  :)

Well, yesterday morning Dax Man slept early.  He snuggled in at the hellacious hour of 5am but then  *we thought* he went back to sleep.  Fast forward to 1 pm when Kael was at preschool and Ace was asleep and Dax said he didn't want a nap but he was "freezing cold" aka tired.  I told him to go lie down on his bed in his blankets and I'd be right there to lay by him but "NOT NAP", you know.

And then I found this.  Daximus!  Good gravy, he is it these days.


How sweet is that three-and-a-half year old, sound asleep all "storybook style" propped on a pillow with his little hands clasped?  I'd like to think it has something to do with me and my sleep artist ways, but we have to simply call it what it is... My kid is rad.  


 He makes it easy.  He still has the best lashes to ever walk the planet earth and, well, he's kind of just painstakingly adorable is what he is.


And that's all I got... sleep envy of my little middle man and wishes to everyone for an afternoon or morning of "sleeping yonger".
:)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I sorta just hate you right now!!

Lisa said...

I sorta just hate you right now!!