Friday, July 19, 2013

Puppy Dog Tails...

Had you asked me on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of this week if I wanted another baby boy, I would have laughed in your face.  Nay, guffawed.  Like, "Belly laugh, are you kidding me, that's the most hilarious thing you've ever said", laughed.

See, the first three days of this week were designated, for some unknown reason, as the "Let's gang up on Mom and act like a trio of tiny holy terrors days."  The little men in this house were terribly naughty from sun up to sun down regardless of my attempts to raise them up to be right gentlemen.  I think it may have been a national holiday in the toddler world, because according to my sister-in-laws, from two very different geographic locations... the celebration was carried on in full force in their neck of the woods too.

Regardless, I'm sure the epicenter was right smack dab in the middle of our home... so they must have been feeling aftershocks?  It was a complete "summer shenanigans storm" is what it was.

I did this to myself, you know.  I have a soft spot for stubborn & mischievous ones.

No lie, in those years of wishing, praying, hoping for babies... I told Ryan countless times, "Don't you just want a little blonde Dennis the Menace or three?"  He would laugh at me and I'd carry on envisioning silly little antics of the most menacing little toe-headed boys.

Funny thing... he's still laughing at me.  Careful what you wish for... as they say.

SO - let's arrive at Thursday.  Which, in my book, is the official gateway to the weekend.  And maybe its me calming down and putting away the astounding piles of clean laundry and readying myself to welcome a second pair of hands during the weekend days ahead for an out-of-the ordinary adventure with the whole family.  But seriously, we started out cool and collected and downright adorable in every way.  So, TGI...Thursday.




We went to my sister's house to see the puppies.  OH.THE.PUPPIES!  I cannot tell you how cute they are.  But seriously, to attempt to convey the cuteness of my little men snuggling the adorable little pups, would be completely futile.  Words do not suffice.  Those boys... those little trouble-making characters, they are every beat in my heart, I tell you.




Which leaves me back at square one.  Wishing, Praying, Hoping for little blonde Dennis the Menace's times a dozen.
OK, maybe half a dozen?




Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails and a big ole' Geez Louise... I am in love with this motley little crew of men.  And who knows, maybe I'll take a puppy while I'm feelin' the love?  Nah... I'll just call my boyfriend for a hot Friday night date is what I'll do.  :)
Happy weekend to you & you.

5 comments:

Chrystie said...

Ohhhhhhh! Those puppies are sosososososo cute! I love that picture of Kael being so careful :) Makes me (almost) want to get a puppy. But I don't know if I can handle another trouble maker in the house either!

Lisa said...

i am in love with those boys and those puppies. not so in love with the national holiday that was also in full swing at my house, how do they all know? is there baby facebook or something?

The Venutis said...

We are on the same summer wavelength. Summer Rain - THE best! Wild shenanigans from out of control kids. Check! Puppy tails - there is nothing better. Floating on pontoons. Love!

The Sutherland Family said...

Aw..they turned out so cute- glad you could get some puppy pics!

The Belnaps said...

love the pics..and cutest puppies ever..and a side note...I was thinking that if you get bored here in the next couple 'o weeks..we could take a mini trip up to Nates cabin and let the kiddos play..just a thought...