Monday, July 22, 2013

Mister Fix Its...

Probably the first thing you should know is that there is a lot of "fixin" goin' on around here.  Let me define that per the Gardner Family Dictionary...

Fixin' -  A verb:  The act or process of first damaging or breaking something, then reporting said bump or break.  Followed up with a proclamation of "Daddy will fix it", often times accompanied by a, "Sorry 'bout that."

Not high on my list, that fixin'.





It makes me feel like I should just proclaim it here to the world, "Hi, I'm Amber, a neurotic germ slayer, prodigious over exaggerator, sappy memory keeper, and, oh yeah, I have very little control over my kids at times.  Wanna be my friend?"



But then, on Sunday I made a killer batch of marshmallow brownies and ate them while my little nut jobs sang "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam" in their little twin beds and things just literally sweetened right up.

That's how they get you, those little fixers... they push ALL your buttons at lightning speed and leave your head spinning.  Then when you think you're just gonna go "batshit crazy" at all of it, they throw you the sweetest curve ball you could never see coming.  Smart little buggers, yeah?



See this whole post is a complete dichotomy... crazy business, mingled with songs about Jesus and a little cuss word just to keep it all well-rounded.  That's our motto these days.

And so, to make it a complete hodge podge of random... here are some of my favorite quotes of late...


"Look, this Cheeto is a Seahorse!"  -Daximus.
Because no one else eats as slowly as Dax Man to notice such a thing.

"You're doing a bery good job Mommy.  I lub you."  -Dax Man, who pets my hair like a dog and throws out the most timely compliment a girl could ever receive.



"Mom, is this letter from Grampaire?"
- Hyper Consumer/Mail Collector, Kael... who now quotes Daniel Tiger like it ain't no thang.



"It's almost my birfday, Mom.  I want a scooter and a tractor wif a trailor and NO CLOTHES!" 
-Kaelster the Opinionated Birthday Boy... who may or may not have received clothes in birthdays past.

"Shake Yo Boody!"  -Ace the CONSTANT Dance Factor.
Baby's got moves you would marvel at.



"I Seeeeeee You" - Ace a' Spades.  Future horror film star.  He says that line like a total creep pro.



"My Tone, My TONE!"
-Ace the often overlooked baby brother who desperately needs a turn.

And finally, "Mom, you wanna drop me off at DI today, huh?"  
Sometimes little Man.  Sometimes.



Onward and Upward Week...
Onward and Upward.
:)

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Drop me off at the DI? You are so funny! This post is so cute, I need to try harder to remember the funny things my kids say too.

The Belnaps said...

I totes want to be your friend..and the DI huh? I just threaten to pack their bags and send them to the neighbors who is in charge of Foster Care 'round here..laughed my butt off at the "no clothes" remark