Sunday, March 24, 2013

Restaurant Style...

Our Saturday night produced an impromptu dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. RyGar is practical and resourceful, and whenever I'm looking for excuses to go out to eat ("We don't have anything in our refrigerator," a.k.a. "I don't feel like cooking"), he magically finds leftovers or some brilliant recipe that requires only flour and water.


I love going out to eat... to the simplest of places. I love the vibe of our family in a booth, the cheap suckers they bring my kids, that we're-on-vacation feeling that comes with having someone bring you baskets of chips and salsa and a refill of good nectar. 




We had a long "flying solo" week turned weekend... me and the kids (sometimes me .vs. the kids and perhaps a bonus incident with crayons and walls?) and RyGar and his laptop,  sprinkled with some travel as he churned out two week's worth of pre-vacay work in a week's worth of time. 


So, Saturday night, when Ryan actually proposed on his own that we go straight from late afternoon drive to restaurant? I wanted to marry him all over again.  I mean, that boy... or should I say, this girl?  I am that girl that la-la-la-loves her husband a dreadful amount; But that boy paying for my dinner and the folks that clean up our disaster?
Be still my beating heart.  

Cap it all off with a Red Box & kids in bed as the sun is setting over my stumpy little tulip greens who are embedded in patchy snow and I daresay I am "livin' the dream" y'all. 


As are they...


And I'm guessing they're of the sweet variety - those dreams...

  
 This peek into the magically mundane brought to you by Mr & Mrs. Fancy Pants & Co.  And, not that I'm trying to boss you around or anything, but you should totally try this formula... Afternoon Drive + Restaurant + Red Box.  
Guaranteed Victory right there, my friends.  :)

No comments: