Monday, March 4, 2013

33...


Today I am 33 years old.  


Which, sounds... well, not precisely young, but not "the end of the world is drawing near old" - So... I guess I'll take it.  Because really, if you don't feel your age, it's only a number, right?  That coupled with the fact that I totally did 110 jumps on the pogo stick this weekend after a ten year hiatus from pogo-ing makes me downright youthful.  And lest I forget about cruisin' on the pink Cadillac beach cruiser of a bike with a babe on my shoulders, I shall document it here.  Oh, and there was the back hand spring.  


Let's summarize...

Three reasons I am definitely not "actually" thirty-three -
1.  Pogo stick
2.  Bike with babe &
3.  Birthday back handspring.  Just a little something I do for myself to prove that I am not old and that this gal has still got it.  (But if I'm honest, I literally saw a few stars on that last one but only because I dedicated myself to stellar form and that handspring was one to rival Nadia Comaneci... I am talking perfect ten material).


OK, true to form, RyGar with the loving help of my Mama & Daddy-o, carved out a birthday weekend which can only be known as epic.  Which means that a small road trip to the land of delicious red dirt was in order.  I visited my favorite hometown haunts.  I got served my Mom's halibut, homemade fries & German chocolate cake.  I shopped and saw my bestie.  The weather delivered a full day of sun and sixty degree temps AND my kids & the hubs were just working the sandbox like rock stars.
See?  Epic.




And thus begins my thirty-third birthday week, which promises to deliver even more of the good stuff.  And since I'm a gal who loves all things alliteration, I feel like 33 has good mojo.  Yes, it leaves a good taste in my mouth, that one. 





Much like my weekend.  :)


7 comments:

Chrystie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Blog Buddy! Looks like you know how to get the most out of a birthday. Birthday week? I declare it birthday MONTH! And congrats on the back handspring, wow. I couldn't do one of those even when I WAS young.

The Sutherland Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sutherland Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! 33 is the new 23 right?! Cute pics

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Chica! I'm assuming Ryan forgot about your other bestie (hint: it's me!) when setting up this birthday adventure?? haha.
Alas after reading this, I'm afraid on my coming birthday I will be "the end of the world is drawing near old" insert tears....lots of tears!

The Venutis said...

A back handspring? As in on the ground back handspring, or trampoline time? Either way pretty impressive!

Also just love all your photos! Do you use your iphone or a fancy schmancy big camera?

Lisa said...

forget about your birthday (which i did, sorry about that) but lets talk about whats really important here.

1. Ryan is wearing a UTAH shirt, which just makes him look more handsome i'd say.
2. you're wearing a red hot chili peppers shirt which makes you cooler then you already were.
3. you did a fetching back handspring. WTF!?

Liz said...

Glad you had a good birthday! That cake looks YUMMY!