Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Nights...


I think those long, marvelously drawn-out summer nights
have finally caught up to us.

Today Dax Man is running a fever after falling and nearly shoving one of his new little teeth back up into his gums. Poor dude was literally knocked off of his rocker and seems to be dealing with a lack of sleep and the need to ease his oral pain by being a hot little mess and clinging to his mama who is tylenoling and rocking appropriately.

Kaelster too is zoning out in his booster seat during meal times and earlier each morning in his car seat or out in the yard. I caught him today just sitting on his little radio flier push toy staring into the abyss. That just doesn't happen 'round here with our little rambunctious two-year-old... Ever.

RyGar is sporting a lobster-like sunburn after boating yesterday on what is our bonus July holiday and I am catching up on six - yes, I said it, SIX loads of laundry that remained untouched all weekend long. You can make the gagging sound here if you'd like.

And so - I'll take the hint. We need to veg. We need to simmer. We need to stay close to home and bid adieu to the zoo, the splash parks, the parties, the parades, the pools and the late night restaurant runs with family and friends for a day or two. And try napping when nap time is usually scheduled and going to bed closer to that 8 o'clock hour. We're catching up on laundry and rubbing icy aloe vera on sunburned skin and basically pushing SLOW on our summer play list... for a few days at least.


Summer - we'll back to our full-powered selves shortly.
For now - me, the big man and my little super heroes are all in Time Out...
And we like it.
:)

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh I can't wait for my nap time tomorrow...when school starts!! YIPPEE!
oh poor Dax, that just sounds painful! What did the dentist do for it...pull it back down?
6 loads of laundry...that's the minimum around here!!
Enjoy your time out! I hope ya'll recover soon!

Lisa said...

hahaha...I've felt a lot like this this summer... fun times and then a longing to get home and just have a Normal day of naps and on-time bedtimes and stories...I want my kids to be bigger sometimes so we can do more but then I have to remember that they really are still just babies...And every baby's fav place is sleeping, eating and cuddling with Mama :) Gotta get their fix in or we are all cranky :)