Saturday, August 13, 2016

In 3, 2, 1... Panic

It's happening, you guys.  I'm doing that whole, "Oh my gosh summer is almost over so let's cram everything we can possibly cram into the last full week of freedom before it's gone - long gone!"  I take it to the extreme too...I'll find a distraction, an obsession, some decision I can control to numb the pain of all that I can't - like sending TWO of my babies to elementary school in the next two weeks!
Don't get me wrong -- I do love a fresh start and the smell of a new box of crayons.  I just don't love how the season ends and the new one begins at mach speed every year.  Like BAM - summer's over and so are your days of gathering your little ducklings around you as you wish, whenever you wish, with no distractions if you wish.  So I'm gonna cram some fun into this last week like a lunatic until it's here... the first day.  When I will undoubtedly be sad and happy and sentimental all at once.
A few more quintessential snaps of a summer without hustle... probably one of the few we have left together before the boys get heavily involved in sports and big boy stuff that will keep them away from home more often.
Loving all the memories we have made together and the beautiful vistas we have soaked in together.  So many experiences.  So much time together.  So many milestones.  Quintessential indeed.
Looking forward to all that the horizon holds whilst using my death grip to squeeze the last bits of summer out of these precious days with my babies.