Monday, July 18, 2016

Dad's Do Summer Right...

Ryno has been totally showing me up in the parenting department lately.
I'm the road trip parent.  I pack bags and schlep them from here to there all summer while Daddy-o works to pay the bills.  I love to be able to do it -- it is such a huge blessing to have a husband who is such a great provider -- but we miss him on our excursions.

And then when we're home and he's off with clients or in his office -- I'm the task master.  I write the lists of chores, I assign them their homework pages and shush them when they get too loud with their friends while baby bro sleeps. 
 
Then I have the nerve to request that they clean up the yard when it's full of boys and squirt guns and slip n' slides.
It's not my most favorite roll, but alas, it's mine during the week.
Soooo since we've been home the last week and half or so, Ryan has become the preferred parent - hands down.  Case in Point - He builds lego creations with his tribe.
He has sleepovers on the trampoline with his crew.
And he lets them watch "scary" movies like Jurassic Park.  And they eat popcorn without brushing their teeth before bed.
He doesn't make them pose for Sunday pictures in coordinating chaps.
He takes them golfing.
 Each of them has had a turn in the last two weeks --
And each of them has requested a zillion more turns.
Sometimes I think his ways are a little crazy.  But mostly they're just different than mine.  And you know what?  That's the way it is all intended... Dad's do it their way, and their way isn't Mom's way... and that's the way it's supposed to be.
It seem's no one is complaining. :)

No comments: