Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Ripple Effect...

I feel like we could get all existential up in here about this first picture...
I would say something thought provoking like,
"He brings happiness to all who meet him like ripples in a pond."
But really, folks... this is just our local duck pond.  And it kind of stinks at times, and there are fish that jump and smell fishy, and tangles of line wrap up little legs on the shore and soggy bread floats on the surface of the water because those ducks -- well, they're well fed.
But like most situations... I prefer to find my balance somewhere between "existential" and reality.
The reality is, my little boys are the picture of childhood to me right now.  They mostly LOVE each other.  And they are so busy making trouble and memories together it's almost perfection.
I might freeze time right now if I could.
But then again, I talked to a lady who is older and wiser than I, and she told me,
"If you throw yourself into the next phase they enter, and the phase after that, and the one after that... you'll love every bit of the ride.  Every phase will be your favorite."
I'm counting on it.
Just like I'm counting on another day at the holy duck pond.  It's good every time -- Like, "Take Me to Church" to worship boyhood and sun and green kind of good.
With a large helping of dirty & wet...
If we're being real.

:)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Holy Cow, Kael is getting soooo tall! Dax better put on a growth spurt like pronto, he is getting left in the dust. (awesome pictures, btw)