Monday, April 27, 2015

The Frenzy...

I have little time to wax eloquent today, we are in massive after-project clean up mode.  But I will mention the fact that RyGar (The Great) and I spent all day Saturday getting granite countertops installed.  We wanted to do it, but per our usual MO, we wanted to do it on the cheap.  So we did the tear out and all the plumbing work ourselves.  Yeah.  I had booked us a romantic night at Sundance's Foundry Grill and we were gonna dine all fancy-like and enjoy one another's company to celebrate FIFTEEN years together! 
Anywho... as I sat cross legged holding a flashlight into the lower cabinets while Ryan laid on his back under a mess of pipes... I could literally see the sands of time falling at a rapid rate through the hourglass... making it a reality that our night out would be a no-go.  I wasn't too upset - hello, I just got granite countertops throughout my house, but RyGar (the weary plumber) kinda lost it.
"Fetch, Amb!  I did NOT expect our weekend to look like this!  I have a head ache and I'm sick of bending under these dang sinks and I just want to be done and go out with you!"  (Insert curse words,  and some exasperated looks of, "I love you but I don't have to like things right now.")  Which was super sweet and romantic in it's own kind of way.  :)  
Meanwhile - these little loons of ours were forced to largely entertain themselves all dang day long.  And they were champs.  For the most part.  Sure, the playroom looks like it was hit by a tornado, they fed themselves cookies and water bottles for lunch and dinner and each of them spent a good span of minutes sitting in time-out for various brotherly offenses... but alas... it's done.
And it's Monday.  And the frenzy is over.
I'm gonna whip this house and these little comedians into shape, yo.  Wish me luck.

No comments: