Friday, April 17, 2015

Magic Spring...

First... the weather.  I expect it every April and I laugh when everyone acts like this is ground breaking news.  It snows.  Every April and most Mays - long after the tulips have bloomed, long after the grass has turned green.  There will be snow in the Rockies.
What I haven't dealt with for years is the raucous that is kids in the house during hurricane force winds and horizontal snow on a day squished between days and days of sun and warmth and bikes and bubbles and trampolines.
What ever should I do with them inside the walls of my house for hours on end???
I was scared.

But then I pulled out the "Magic Sand" as my kiddos call it.  It's a fairly new item here at our household thanks to one, S. Claus.  
And may I just insert:
"Get Kinetic Sand," they said.
"It'll Be Fun," they said.

"It's really clean and neat," they said.
Sigh.
This stuff is not magic according to my definition of the word.  It's not clean and neat - at least in the methodology utilized by my tiny artists.  But it is fun.  I'll give it that.
My kids worked for a good hour building "Arendelle".  And if you've been living under a rock and you've never seen the Disney hit, Frozen, you won't know that's the kingdom that is central to the plot of that little tale.
The building up of Arendelle was the cause of much strife for me, that one day in spring, when the weather looked anything but, and my wild stallions had to stay in the confines of the corral.  
The Magic Sand might disappear inexplicably any day now...
Said the lady who is still licking her OCD wounds and finding bits of the "Frozen Kindgom" in her carpet fibers.  Deep Breaths...  :)

3 comments:

PNRBAC said...

Magic sand. Ugh. Easy cleanup my foot. Santa brought some to us too. Worst. Present.EVER. Yeah ours has gone the way of all the earth too. Good riddance.

Chrystie said...

I am SOOOOO with you. Magic sand came to our house via an unauthorized Christmas present a couple years back. It is NOT my favorite thing. I actually did keep it around, and my kids can play with it anytime they want...outside. Glad to know I am not the only anti-sand mom around.

Just me said...

Ac/dc shirt...awesome