Thursday, September 25, 2014

When RyGar Wants to do Anything Else...

Every year about this time, I get all "nesty" and strangely sentimental.  I think I'll call it my official "gateway to the holidays" because it's like clockwork around here.
So, logically, I book a family photo session.
Then I start to wonder why I ever thought this was a good idea, especially as I switch out shoes and shirts and search for just the right earrings. 
And on the day of?
Forget about it.
Someone will get a goose egg on their forehead, and I'll be sweating to cram tiny bums into tiny jeans and Ryan will finally try on the shirt I bought him for this occasion and proclaim that it doesn't fit.
I try to keep my neck from getting blotchy as I watch the clock creep closer to the "time to go" time we've outlined and then I'll run out the door with a last minute glance at myself as I shove lip gloss and a hair brush into my bag (like it's a cure all that will make everything just right).
Can you relate?
No lie, Ryno told me he would rather "donate an organ" than do family pictures.
Isn't he hysterical?
And then we get the disc back full of these images that make my heart stop.  And I forget about showing my lady bits to the enter world because I forgot to wear a slip.  
 

I certainly forget about the tantrum Ace threw moments before the first shot was taken because we wouldn't let him hold his new elephant.  
 

And I definitely forget about the hubs in the shirt that I didn't plan on him wearing but somehow fits perfectly with the scheme we have going on.  And I become overwhelmingly grateful.
  

SO dang grateful that I have a family to call my own.  Grateful that my hubs plays along and ponies up for these images that are memories of where we are right now with our little family.  Grateful that my boys are the most adorable of all the little boys in the universe.  I am lucky, lucky, lucky.
Personalities On Point Here:
Ace the Show Off
Kael the Comedian
Dax "Cool as a Cucumber" Gardner
The man, the myth, the legend... he who made these gorgeous babies.  He who I would make out with anytime, anywhere.  Who moments before this picture whispered in my ear... 
"You know I hate this, right?"
It's been noted.  A time or two.
When it comes right down to it --  
This little bunch is hands down the best thing we ever made... 
And we wouldn't want to be anywhere else. 
{Mostly}
:)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Beautiful! You guys are looking amazing in every shot. Ryan is such a great actor, you can't even tell how miserable he is at all ;-)