Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dax Waxes Eloquent...

I've told you about my little Dax Man and his lack of filter, yeah?
The tradition lives on y'all.
Sunday at church he saw a lady with a walking boot on.  He pulled on her skirt and said, "What happened to your foot?"  She told him she had broken it and the doctor put that boot on to make it better.  He said, "Well, it kinda looks like you're getting ready for Halloween and you're gonna be a monster or a robot or somethin'."
Praise Jesus we were in a church.  :)
While we were hiking this past month in Capitol Reef and then in Bryce Canyon, Dax insisted on wearing his "cowboy gun" in a holster on his hip.  Let me tell you that EVERY.SINGLE.TOURIST stopped him to comment on it. Sometimes they asked him if he was a cowboy and other times they put up their arms and feigned fear as they exclaimed, "Don't Shoot!"
Finally, he'd had enough.
But of course, the tourists' hadn't. 
A sweet Asian couple came hiking up the trail and I just braced myself for it...
"WHOA You a Cowboy!" said the gentlemen in a heavy accent.
To which Dax said, "Yep I am.  I already told everybody that!  Why you talkin' so weird anyway?!"
 Last week the boys were out in the back yard playing Hide and Seek while I was weeding.  Dax was "it" and Kael told him to count to a million before he came looking.  Without even a tiny reaction Dax starting counting... one-through-ten and then on through the teens - progressing to "a hundred forty seventeen, two-ty nine eleven, ninety, a million!"
And ready or not - there he went... but not after a couple of two-ties.  :)
The other day we were driving around town, running errands.  Dax was thoughtfully looking out the window and out of the clear blue he said, "Mom, is Heavenly Father's cloud 'humungster' than Jesus' cloud or is Jesus' cloud 'humungster' than Heavenly Father's?" 
I don't know about you, but humungster is now my favorite word, ever.

Between the non sequiturs, the mispronunciations, and the all around honest truth this kid dishes out on a regular basis, he makes our life full of giggles.
Thanks little loquacious Dax Man... you keep us on our toes and in stitches all at once.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Gotta love 'em, right? I love how his little mind works! I wish I did a better job of writing down the awesome/horrifying things my kids say.