Thursday, September 4, 2014

Schedules Smedules...

You know what feels like a million years ago?  Labor Day weekend.
I done got bi+$h slapped right back into reality, is what.

This week we found ourselves ball and chained to the old calendar again.  The two big boys had their first days of Preschool and soccer practice and Ryan went underground into the abyss of work and blah blah - who cares - you're smack dab in the middle of it too, right?

And so, let's take a moment to sit cross legged and breathe... maybe I'll even put on some soothing music while I reminisce to just a few days back when we were in Heaven.

OK then - you might not consider an empty shooting range Heaven, but where I come from, if you stumble upon one this time of year and have the opportunity to show your target what's what AND let your little dudes pull the trigger?  That's a little slice of it.
 Game Face On...
 The brothers who shoot together... wait, that could go south rather quickly.  Anywho...
 Someday very soon they'll look back on these pictures of themselves with their doting Daddy-o and smile.  He is such a good teacher and they are so eager to learn everything he has to show them.
Collecting Brass... 
And kickin' azz... 
See what I did there? 
What would a trip to wonderland be without some crawdad fishing?  In a word?  Incomplete.  These boys LOVE this little pass time.  And this time, Kaelster ate every one we caught.  {Nasty}  
Dax wanted to try them too, but per Kael's style, he downed them all before Dax Man returned from a little bike ride along the block.  We're working on sharing vs. hoarding.  To his credit we only caught eight dads... so it was slim pickin's.
Would it be weird to have family pictures at the crawdad pond?  Probably.  Do I care?  Not so much.  I'd stand in irrigation boots in the mud to pose against this back drop.
  
Every image I take at this place turns into magic and my photog skills are sub par.
Don't be surprised if you see it on our Christmas cards!
Here it comes.  The motherload of Y chromosomes shot in one image together...
I warned you.  I warned you.
Then we got our lumberjack on and gathered a load of wood.  These little worker bees of ours basically showed the forest how it's done.
And in our spare time, we built a shelter that would put those survivalists on Naked and Afraid to shame.  Just take a look at our handy work.
Fine, I'm a liar.  But finders keepers, right?  There was even a notched out pole in the corner that led up to a look out.  Who takes this kind of time and effort to build a fort in the middle of a giant mountain?  We thought we were cool parents up until the point we stumbled on this gem.  Then they thought we were the coolest for "taking them to this awesome fort". You're welcome little buddies.  :)
Wondering how many pictures I can cram into a single post?
Oh I'll keep going...
Take us out Ace Face {Old MacDonald}
Kaelster  {The Dog Whisperer}
And Daximus {The Stunt Man}
I'm pretty sure I just shattered a record somewhere.
And on that note... The End.... Of Summer & Labor Day.
Now excuse me while I go cry myself a river.  I kid, I kid.