Monday, September 15, 2014

Dream Weaver...

This past Friday I got to play the role of "Maker of Dreams Reality" for my little misters.  It happened largely because of Grandma Janice who knew someone, who knew someone else and after a few degrees of this someone, (just like Kevin Bacon), she done booked us a tour of Geneva Rock.
Listen, I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't thrilled at my Friday morning appointment glaring back at me on the calendar that week... but then I put my big girl panties on and decided it was one of those things where I would just enjoy the company and the looks of wonder on the faces of the boys.
And then our tour guide walked in with hard hats and donuts.
SO, you know, he was shooting fifty/fifty with me, but he won over the boys with lightning speed.

Then he gave us these fluorescent vests and he dropped a couple of notches in my book.  Just kidding.  The vests actually ended up being a little something extra sweet as they were nearly tripped over by Acey who resembled ET dressed up for Halloween.  Did that conjure up a cute image in your head?  It was meant to.  :)

See?  I told you.  That's a whole lotta cute right there.
"Acey, Phone Home..."

And so let the magic of our tour commence.  And let me also say, that I'm a newly converted fan of Geneva.  I was ignorant about how they worked and what they do and why they do it; but I learned a lot.  Which is always the way, isn't it?  You get a big "tada moment" when you least expect it?  Call me later if you want me to give you the full low down.  I've even got the deets on their $11 million dollar conveyor belt that was recently installed and saves on trucks, gas, polution, etc.  Yep, I drank up the PR  Kool Aid, because I love a good positive spin on things.  :)
For obvious reasons the parts that involved tractors were the boys' favorites.  They were amazed at the size of them and could have stared at them working for a LONG time... which is a good thing because no lie - we toured for 2 hours.  I can't even believe they held on like {mostly} gentlemen that long... it's a new record in our book and I'm gonna shout that from the rooftops.  Hashtag - Proud.
I think it's safe to say our tour made an impression.  They even got "managers" as Dax calls them... pedometers as they're more widely known, and they wear them around religiously tracking all their "speed and miles", particularly in the sandbox, where they can be found diligently working and digging and moving sand from here to there.  It's tough work, but someone's got to do it, y'all.  

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

ALL those boys look adorable in those oversize vests! That looks like good educational fun, but I am with you...hard hats are not easy to pull off. But you ROCKED it! (see what I did there?)