Monday, December 16, 2013

The Miscellaneous Christmas File...

Do note that I realize how nostalgic I get this time of year.  I am nothing if not predictable.  But I can't control it.  I'm doing the whole, "playing the movie of our life from this year and then pressing repeat on Christmas highlights from years past".  It's December.  And It's got to be totally annoying after a while, for which I apologize; but how cool is Christmas time?

The other day Kael came home from preschool with this head piece of the elf variety.  Side note: Kael HATES superfluous head gear.  So I got these awesome shots and while I try to not duplicate things I post on Instagram on the blog, these were too great not to share.



"Ohh he's an ANGRY elf!"
Quick, name that Christmas movie... 


And he's back... my right jolly old ELF.

On the flip side, little man is a huge fan of things on his head.  I don't even have to ask him... he just digs them out and poses like he's in GQ.  I kind of love that about him.



Feliz Navidad El Hombre!
We had to pry the sombrero from his death grip.  It was touch & go for a minute.


Dax Man has been searching the storage room for his "reindeer costume" ever since we pulled out the first Rubbermaid bin full of decorations.  I could NOT find the little antlers for him for the life of me... And then I did.



And it was a little bit awesome.

 

And it spurned a week-long rekindling of his love for Bambi.  Sometimes you need a little reminder about a once dearly loved toy and these reindeer horns (who are "NOT Rudolph's -- just Dax's!") were such a reminder.

And that is a little bit of Christmas cheer in the form of all things la cabeza... 
For who knows why... except there seems to be a recurring theme around these parts lately.

And side note number three hundred and five... Kaelster came running into my room this morning and said, "Is it Christmas this morning?"  I said, Nope, not yet... eight days left, Buddy.  To which he replied, "It's taking TWO-EVER to get here!"

Man do I remember that feeling!
:)

No comments: