Friday, December 20, 2013

Reindeer Games...

We're officially done with school this year.  Oh come on, you KNOW you used to think that was cool... when you'd be leaving for Christmas break and you'd yell out to a friend,
"Hey!  See you next year!"  Fine, I'll admit, I still think it's kinda cool.

Regardless, 2013 is baked.  Done.  Finito -- As far as the tutelage goes.  But it's not even close to being a wrap because these next eleven days?  This is when the magic REALLY happens.


In the spirit of filling our Christmas bucket list, we hit up the old Reindeer this past week.  The boys are always intrigued and fearless (which causes me a little stress around slightly domesticated but still wild animals) but I'm not gonna lie; I think they're cool too.

This year we caught the ice sculptures on our way in.  No really, that ribbon that is supposed to act as a gate to keep little people out was located a tad too high for their squatty fields of vision and they ran in to really appreciate these pieces (is what I tell myself) and I then ran to catch this precious snowflake as it wobbled in its perch... Holy Moly.



Moving on.
The reindeer, of the none-ice variety...




And when I wouldn't let them feed their furry friends a pack of Smarties (meanest Mom of all time) --
they found a new form of entertainment... Hide & Seek amongst the Christmas trees.
It was a little endearing.




Especially this part... Do see those little faces?  That is their typical MO when I speak to all three little rascals at once.  This particular speech was about the "rules" of our little game.  No going out on the road, stay in the trees or come stand by Mommy, Blah Blah Bliggety Blah... No one is listening, let them run free already.  So logically...





And what is the thanks I get for this night of wonder which I braved all on my own as the Mister was out of town?  Snowballs thrown rapid fire style at yours truly.



 I'll take it, man.  Christmas with kids.... Magical.
If you haven't gathered... I like what's happening here.
:)

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Like I said...Queen of Christmas. You set the bar high. I will try to keep up!

Lisa said...

i also like whats happening there! here...well..its yet to be determined! ;) psych... i'm loving it.
(and I still think psych is cool)