Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend...

It's baseball season.
(And my ovaries are exploding with pics like these)
And you guys... this one is especially sweet.  All three big boys of da house are on ONE team this year... Boys ages 6-8 machine pitch.  EEK!
Oh it gets better....

Ryno is the coach!  And the team is called "The Hooks".  Like, hello?  Someone pinch me!  This is all too good to be true.  It's literally the stuff my dreams are made of.
I snuggle on the sidelines with Booner in our parkas and blankets because with spring sports inevitably comes the blizzards and gale force winds.  And when I say, "I snuggle I really mean Booner wanders over to me when he needs his hands warmed up or a snack" but still...
It consumes our week nights, and my laundry piles double with the influx of small baseball pants and long socks and I DON'T EVEN CARE!  It's just soooo good.
This rhythm of our family is the only one for me.  We like it big.  We like it in triple or quadruple.  And we like to do it together.  Our activity kind of melts into who we are.  The fact that we can ALL share this as teammates, coaches and cheer squad?  Not to overstate it, (because that's what I do) but it's one of those extraordinary experiences that will glue our family more tightly together this spring and catapult us into summer and I LOVE it.
Is it annoying that a tiny thing such as spring baseball with all my big dudes brings me extreme happiness?  Too bad... I am talking EXTREME. 
These are the days, guys.  No joke.
And GOOOOOOO Hooks!!!

No comments: