Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Slice o' Paradise...

ALOHA!
Well no wonder I haven't been blogging.... This mama has been PLAYING!  In Paradise!
I got to spend 8 beautiful days island hopping in Hawaii to officially celebrate my cute mama's retirement and it was pure bliss.  I'm always happy to celebrate.   And I love my Mom without a doubt and time spent with her is time well spent... but couple that with a week of all girl time in the paradise of the pacific and I was a gleeful little girl skipping around like a goon.
I've decided if I could give the world a gift, it would be a gift to Hawaii.  But since I'm not Oprah, I'll dutifully send my wishes for you to get to experience a little slice o' paradise out to the great big Universe, and cross my fingers for you.
-I wish you could all feel the perfectly humid air seep into your skin with the sun rays.
-I wish you could see the sea turtles in the ocean as they settle into the black lava rock and white sand beneath you as you swim.
-I wish you could taste the salt line your lips after a swim in those beautiful blue waters.
-I wish you could hear the whales call to one another each morning outside your balcony as they puff a mist of salty air through their blow holes.
-I wish you feel all your senses wake as you jump into a fresh, crisp waterfall that cascades down the sheer wall and is flanked by lush island landscape.
-I wish you could see the rainbow of fish swim just out of your reach in the crystal clear waters of a partially submerged volcanic crater.
-I wish you could feel the pure rush and sense of accomplishment as you ride a wave atop a surf board.
-I wish you could feel a patriotic sense of pride as you visit a part of the island's history.
 
 I don't think I've ever loved a place I've visited more than this place.
All the heart eyes for Hawaii.
I can't wait to share a slice o'paradise pie with my boys and RyGar.
Mahalo Mui Mui, Mama.
And happy retirement!

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Looks amazing! Were you on Oahu the whole time?