Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October Fest...

October - you sly dog you.
You woo me with your weather - your leaves a light in fiery colors - your fall break shenanigans and your carmel apples (I made two batches this year).
And then - your final days approach and I have to Mom so hard I almost want to just jump up and down and gleefully wave "ADIOS!" to you.
Like Pumpkin carving....WHY?!
(Double Why - See Booner fixated on the FAKE Jack-o-lantern?)
Does anyone truly like this?  I dare say no.  But chalk this one up to "we do it for the kids" and when I say we do it - we do ALL of it.  Acey almost barfed gutting his gourd.  Boone shook his head from side to side and said - "NO!  Ucky!"  Which is true, so what do you say back?  And then none of them can quite be trusted with sharp objects so the carving goes to the 'rents.  Lucky us.
Then there is actual Halloween day... you guys, I woke up an hour earlier today so I could get myself ready in order to be able to "costume" all the fellers.  I had to find the missing white glove for Mario, safety pin Harry's robe shut because that shoddy store bought thing wasn't going to do it, help out Indiana whose gun holster was bringing down his drawers.  Sigh.
But We made it.  
For round one that is.
The day is oh, so, young
We marched over to school with them for the costume parade.
Then rewarded ourselves with a Diet Coke after all that waving and smiling.
Fine that was just me.
Then returned to load the washing machine and cut the veggies for the relish tray before we headed back over to the school for the class parties.  Which obviously included over frosted sugar cookies complete with one zillion sprinkles and pumpkin bowling.
Whew.
I'm thinking of dressing up as a cute Grandma this evening so I can roll around the hood in a wheel chair because this day is like a marathon that just keeps going.
But you can't stop say no to little faces like this on a holiday, ammiright?
Happy Haunting to you All...
We will sleep well tonight.  :)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

I will agree that Halloween is super tiring...class parties somehow suck more energy out of me than anything, makes me wonder how teachers can do it day after day! The boys look awesome! (BTW...Look at you all blogging about Halloween already! Someday I will catch up...)