Monday, April 10, 2017

Spring Break In Snow Canyon...

Spring Break found us in St. George.  The weather was not all that St. George-esque but we found a way to add a few hikes to our belt, visit Glitter Mountain, go swimming a few times, hit the theatre for Boss Baby on dollar movie day with Uncle Harv and Aunt Lola, and visit Great Grandma Clement.
Whew.  So - we did all right.  :)

I was flying solo in the parenting department since Ryno the great was working to pay the bills and get a new client flying high.  We do our best to support one another in that way - but man, I won't lie to you, I missed him.  

Glitter Mountain is a real hit with my little dudes.  They hammer and chisel until they work up a sweat, then they hike around the hole and find large chunks of gypsum, then they repeat x 103.  We always leave with a collection of the good stuff and this time they left with big plans to sell pieces to neighbor kids for mucho dinero.  Ha Ha.
We went to Snow Canyon a couple of times for different hikes.  But for the sake of this picture I'll say we visited THE Bear's Ears Monument... or at least the only one worth celebrating.  :)
It was way colder than these pictures look, FYI.
My fellas in the yard.  Too much inside time is not a good look for us - which is why I think we gravitate to St. George so often... outside ALL THE TIME.
This little monkey rode on my back every hike and was a total champ.  He is so happy to just be out and about with his brothers.  His feisty little personality is manifesting itself more each day.  It's so fun to watch him learn and interact with everyone.
When we made it home our lawn was begging for a trim and Kaelster was begging to give it a cut.  I can't believe we have somehow arrived at this point in life.  I'm also not sure I'm ready to give up my very favorite household chore.  But look at little big man puttin' in the work!  
On Sunday the boys wore their Easter duds since we don't have church next week.
So much handsome it hurts, ammiright?
And my Dad stopped in to celebrate his 65th trip around the sun.  We sent him to the Neil Diamond concert for his birthday and made him dinner and a cake.  The boys don't like him at all.  ;)
More spring things and St. George pictures to come -- because when I get all my little ducks in a row with me the camera comes out.  :)
Until then...
I found the Easter Bunny at Walgreens to tide you over until Sunday!
Yer Welcome.

No comments: