Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Scenes of Spring...

Let's begin with March Madness since it just seems right.  We all fill out a bracket round here.  It's serious business.  It's also great homework for little hands to write little letters and studiously get the task done.  
In summary here is what we got:
Kael - Got 'er done.  With nary a care for rankings and nary a doubt about his selections.
Dax - Chose every top ranked team and then was clearly taxed when a match up came down to two top ranked teams.  The struggle was real.
Ace - Chose Butler to take it all because the dude, "Really likes writing 'BUT'."
Next up... our littlest Mischievan.
Boone has turned the corner and his usual stomping grounds have become mundane.  He is exploring new turf so to speak... including, but not limited to:
Underwear drawers.
The dryer.
The toilet.
He is a climber and he is trouble in it's cutest form.  Gross little human.  :)

How about that time I decided to show off for my friend across the street and a few cheerleaders and do a round-off back handspring?  Yep.  I nailed it.  It looked pretty damn good.  The adrenaline was pumping.  They cheered.  Then things went south from there... but on the sly because how embarrassing could I be?  I humbly admitted to RyGar the next day that I was fairly certain I had broken my wrist.  He sent me to the clinic to get it checked saying, "Amb I'm gonna be gone all week.  You better check before I go."
Here I am, yellow cast and shattered ego.
Note to self:  You are no longer 13.
But way to go out flippin'.
#soembarrassing

Boone also took a tumble and punctured the bottom of his tongue with his cute little bottom toothens, and the poor babe looked like a vampire all day.  We got some strange comments at church when our kid would grin at a passerby and drool blood down the sides of his mouth.  This went on for most of the first hour and finally after Ryan's tie, my hair and both our shoulders were covered in blood we called TOD on church attendance.  
The next day he was just peachy and didn't resemble a member of the cast of Twilight.

In other news... The chicks and bunnies are at IFA!
Boone is clearly a fan.
Cousin Elliott came to visit.  The friendship is already blossoming.
"Homework oh Homework, we're losing our steam, 
Our mama wants to wash you away in a stream..."
Not the right words to that rhyme?
But I speak the truth.  Someone is getting trunky and that person's name isn't Kael or Dax.
But seriously, check out their little stories and that cute penmanship.
Fine, I will persevere!

Pogo Stick Envy is real.  Kael did 209 jumps the other day and relished in the fact that we were all out in the yard watching and counting for him aloud.  He would have gone longer but the dang hose impeded his progress.  
Final few moments of cuteness comin' atcha... I've given them each a title accordingly:

Big Bellied Cowboy
Too Cool for School
The Best Spring Things In the Universe
BAM.  I packed in a half a month into one spastic blog post.  
I solemnly swear to do better.
Amen.

No comments: