Monday, March 14, 2016

Two Months & Memory Books...

Boone is two months old.
Time keeps marching steadily on - but I feel as if lately she is sprinting.  It's not a race, Time!
Stop being such a jerk!
Anyway, we went to the family photo books this past month and stared at pictures of all the babes as tiny littles.  I tried to connect picture to memory as sappy mamas do - those little lips... those cheeks and the way they felt when I kissed them.... The long fingers and the way they softly wrapped around mine... The weight of their little heads resting on my chest... I remember it all like it was yesterday!
And here we are... ferociously living it again and trying to soak it all in because the aforementioned "Time" character is making it all fade faster than I am comfortable with.  So I'm vowing right now to do better at taking pictures with "my real camera" again and post them here on the blog so Boone knows what it looks like when he fell asleep on his Dad's chest when he was nothing but a flour sack. So Kael can see his big adult sized teeth growing into his little kid sized face.  So Dax can see his handwriting as it first came to be.  And so Ace can see his long running tiger obsession in his attire and his facial expressions.
You know - I'm proud to say I speak fluent memories and family photos.  No, really!  I have kept this blog up and alive for exactly two purposes:  To keep family and friends and birth mamas apprised of our little tribe and our growth and shenanigans... and to get it all printed in book format just to watch my babies carefully turn the pages and "oh and ah" at themselves and see that little spark of memory click, then hear them recite what happened in the pictures staring back at them in their own vernacular.  It is magic.
And it is fast magic -- Like lightning speed.  But I want them to know how we spent our days together; that this ride called Parenthood was mine and their Daddy-o's favorite ride of all time.  And that without them, our world wouldn't be quite so vibrant or exciting or purposeful.
6 years.  5 years.  4 years.  2 months.
It's currently my favorite ages.
But I have a feeling they're all going to be good.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

You are amazing! It is hard to find the time to blog!! I need to do better.