Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Sales Gig...

Can I say it's in their DNA?  Is that too braggadocios?  Well too bad, cause I think its coursing through their veins.  These boys of ours are sales guys.  They have a knack for gathering other boys in the hood to:
A.  Join them in chores - think unloading mulch from the back of the truck, pulling weeds or sweeping the driveway.  They kind of "Huck Finn" their duties with finesse and suddenly there are six boys out front weeding where once there was just our three.
B.  Recruiting an outside sales team.  They can coerce little dudes to ride the hood in search of buyers to purchase their junk.  No joke -- on Saturday they sold rocks.  ROCKS.  They had a posse excavating them, some folks washing them, and others selling them.  They came in with $1.75 and I marveled.  Monday they sold random shiz from the playroom a la McDonald's Happy Meal toys.  And they made over $3.00.  At one point I saw two friends pull up on scooters with fresh buyers in pursuit. "Look!  I brought some people to the sale!  They're ready to buy stuff!"  It's all so exciting they just get wrapped up in the adrenaline and voila - perfect system!
Yep.  These boys are salesmen.
This one was a little shady the other day....
Oh Ace Face, giving sales folks around the world a bad rap!
I was on the phone with my dad, two donuts sat on the counter for Kael who was due home from school any minute,  I got off the phone.  I asked Ace where the donuts were... he said straight-faced and serious as can be, 
"I don't know where the donuts went, Mom.... maybe a 'robbert' came and got 'em."  
Interesting theory little man.  Not buying what yer selling today little buddy.
 Luckily, he made up for it later.
 And this little chump is always buying what I'm selling... I love the view of those little legs from my perch in the nursing chair.  And Ace colors me zillions of pictures and delivers them in secret hiding places all day err day.  It's adorable.
As are all the brotherhood moments being lobbed at me left and right.
Dax told me last night, "Well, if you need someone to babysit Booners just give me a call."
LOL  But seriously - Sold, little dude.  Sold.

No comments: