Tuesday, June 9, 2015

In Summer!!!!

I basically love every single part of being a Mama to young kids.  No joke my days are long and awesome and in the summer they're full of sun and water.
With a side of urgent care... but we'll get to that.  :)
 
We fled the valley and headed to gorgeous Midway with my Mama and sister and her kids while the boys are away in Alaska.  After a May full of rain, the hills are a brilliant green and the sun shone to the tune of 90 degrees.... it was, HEAVENLY.
We spent six hours at the pool the first day.  No joke.  I couldn't even pry Dax out... literally we had to feed him handfuls of fishy crackers at the side of the pool with the occasional swig of water or he might have passed out.  
And then, the cannon ball heard round the world happened....
Kaelster thought a 360 cannonball to show off would be stylish.  Long story short... it wasn't.  He nailed his chin on the concrete side of the pool and split that baby right open.  I left the other two boys with my sister and headed straight to Urgent Care where after three stitches, our big boy headed right back to the pool and cannon-balled himself back in.  Shocker.
 
 
It was smooth sailing from then on out.  We ate, swam, swam some more, passed out for a long night of "swim induced coma sleep" and spent time in the crater at the Homestead where my little zen masters became one with the mineralized waters.
 
We told them the waters were magical and would heal their owies... once we got out everyone inspected themselves and Ace said to me, "Mommy thanks for letting me swim in that mountain pool... all my owies are gone!"  :)
When it was time to go home, my little buddies with the travelin' bones said, "So are we headed to the St. George house now?"  :)  When I told them no, Ace started to beg to stay another night at a hotel... "ANY HOTEL, Mom!  Please!!"  Gypsies - just like their papa bear.
And a zillion thanks to this lady, the cutest Grandma in the Universe.  Man do these kids adore her.
Who knows, maybe we'll mow the lawn and pay a few bills and head out for the second half of the week in a new adventure spot.  That's the beauty of my mama summer schedule... 
 And I love it.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Looks so fun (except for the stitches part)!