Monday, August 13, 2012

I'm Kind of a Big Deal...



I totally snuck away the other night for a few moments to myself.  RyGar says I’m “getting weak” now that he doesn’t travel as often.  He’s probably right.  Or the littles are just getting stronger.  Yep – that’s a more likely case.

Anywho… you wanna know how completely and utterly lame I am?  Here goes.  I drove down the hill to Pollo Loco, ordered chips and guac and a Diet Coke and flipped through an Avon catalogue and a Pottery Barn Kids magazine.  D-U-H.

I have arrived people.  I am a mom of three little tiny kids.  They are hilarious and devilishly full of energy and they make me work harder than I have ever worked in my life… and I’ve never been a lazy shlup y’all.  But what I do now for “fun” is NOTHING like it once was. 

Before you laugh your guts out at me or shake your head and cluck your tongue feeling sorry for my lame ass… just know that I was completely satisfied with that forty minutes of nothingness.  I had the loveliest of times.  I felt refreshed and relaxed and dare I say, a little “glamorous” again…  (I mean I did sport my new Buxom lip gloss in White Russian whilst I was out on the town).

So there you have it.  Confessions of a deliriously tired, deliciously satisfied and happy suburban house wife.  Which wraps up this random and picture less post.

Wow… I really am getting weak.  

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Chips? All to yourself? Flipping through a magazine in silence? Sounds awesome.

The Belnaps said...

um that sounds like heaven...all i am asking is to go poop without someone yelling my name a hundred times...sigh...so jeal! and at least you blog..i just blogged and i feel like it was not near up to par..where has my savvy-self gone too? i am in total need of some girl time