Monday, June 4, 2018

It's Sprung...

Between baseball, soccer, school and work this mama has fallen woefully behind in posting all things spring - and let's face it - it's already sprung.

Right now my brood is out in the back yard with squirt guns firing from all directions and a kiddie pool full of water balloons that are sure to last less than five minutes once all the buddies arrive... and here I am just catching up from school and soccer days of yore.

That's right I went with yore.
So in few words (because yore is coming out of this mouth of mine) and more pictures... here are some of our spring time highlights.

Soccer.
Ace is an animal and is aggressive on the field which leads to lots of goals and red cheeks.
Dax is synonymous with defense and the dude is a wall.  Nothing gets past Dax when he's in the field.
Kael is definitely most improved this year and stepped up his game leap years.  It's like it all clicked and he is versatile and able to play anywhere on the field.
Boone is fast.  And he made his debut on the field far too many times.  But I got my sprints in - so there is always a silver lining.
Boone is also the reason I only have pictures of Ace because he had a mid-week game and I left Booner with RyGar and snapped some shots.  Phew.
Besides being fast, Boone is a water dog.
He wants to be "outside" in his swimming suit whenever a new day dawns.  :)
And if I decide to say no to the swimming suit and mow the lawn.  I come back to the full monty.

And I'm never mad about that.  :)
At this phase anyway.
Somehow betwix all the balling and scouting and schooling Ryno fit in a trip to the mountain for some spring fishing which made all the fellas swoon.
They have become master gutters too - not master baiters - which is my Dad's favorite joke. 
While they were away, Boone practiced his bubble blowing.  It's a life skill, folks.
It's all in the lips.  Or so he told me.  :)
We celebrated school nearing it's close with the annual Dance Festival.  It really is so fun to watch all the kids perform by grade.  We have no shortage of performing genes in these dudes.  My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.
Scouting.  I have two of them.  Kael has already earned all his Wolf Merit Badges so he is already sporting his Bear kerchief and hat.  Dax just started in the Wolf Den and man, oh man, they are some cute boy scouts.
PS Thank the Heavens for those Iron On Patches, ammiright?
And baseball.  Oh it has been SO dreamy having all the kids on one team.  Team Hooks was coached by one hunk-of-a-dude, RyGar, and they did SO well.  They lost in the semi-finals in a heart breaker, but we were so proud of them and their improved skills and awesome sportsmanship and teamwork.

The Gardner boys represented the strongest 1/4 of the batting lineup.  Kael and Dax were the only two dudes who hit triples in the season.  
And now that it's June - my lofty goal is to post Memorial Day weekend before the month ends.  
I kid, I kid.
Maybe.  :)

No comments: