Friday, March 23, 2018

We "Led the Pigeons" to the Flag....

My sweet boys had a pretty cool experience a couple of weeks ago.  They got to go to the Capital Building and lead the House of Representatives in the Pledge of Allegiance.
They also got to meet the Speaker of the House and the Cat in the Hat.  I'll let you guess which one held more clout for my little gents.  :)
I was so proud of the way they polished up, but even more proud of the way they approached a room full of politicians and boldly and bravely called the room to order as we pledged allegiance to this great nation under their direction.  Oh the places they'll go!
I gave the prayer, and after an early morning full of ties and belts and buttons, I think it may have been the most brief prayer ever offered in that room.  Ahhh well, short and sweet on a Friday morning may have been refreshing?  So I tell myself.
After their time in the Capital shaking hands and smiling at all the people and generally being genteel, we rewarded them with a pool day at the hotel.  We didn't even put a limit on length of time stayed or cannon balls performed.  
It was a fun way to celebrate a weekend together.  I am so proud of these little humans and I'm grateful for cool opportunities for them to spread their wings.

No comments: