Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Just So Thankful...

We spent Thanksgiving at our spot.  Wayne Wonderland gets more wonderful the more I get to share it with my tiny humans.  And I guess I now know why my Dad drug me there nearly every weekend while growing up.
The boys had so much fun with all their cousins.  They played for HOURS together... laughing hysterically at each other in the basement and creating epic games (and messes).  It was so fun to listen to them.
Of course they added to their club house furnishings... building a table and hanging pheasant feathers and talons.  (gag)
There were rides on the little wheeler and the tiny motorcycle for hours on end.
There was a pheasant hunt wherein the boys acted as dogs and flushed out a couple of roosters for Dad to shoot and the boys to whoop and holler about.
There was a morning hike in Capitol Reef (the weather was insanely gorgeous - we are talking 70 degrees and sunny without a breeze to even tickle air).  
The boys wore short sleeves on our hike and just jackets in the morning before the sun heated up the atmosphere but man - it was blue skies and Heavenly.
There was a little gingerbread decorating.
And gingerbread eating...
And lots and lots of food.  And love.  
Plus Pumpkin shooting AND a turkey pinata.... because go big or go home, right?
It was just how a Thanksgiving should be.
We are truly grateful for all we have.  I have seen this saying several times in recent months and it hits home every time:
"I still remember praying for the things I have now".
Prayers answered.
Hearts full.

No comments: