Friday, September 16, 2016

Flesh Colored...

Ace is REALLY into coloring.  Probably the most artistically inclined of any of our kiddos - although, Kael has a cool modern art vibe he loves where he paints an entire page with muted colors then cuts pieces of that page to make art.  Think puzzle pieces that he has created by his own hand.

Anyway, the other day at church, Ace Face was distraught that he couldn't find the flesh colored crayon to complete his coloring page.
"Just use orange!" I suggested quietly.
"NOOOO!" he rebuffed NOT so quietly.  "Look at me, is my face orange?  It's SKIN colored and so I neeeeed that 'flesh' colored crayon."
I secretly giggle at them when they're hell bent on showing me they know the actual terminology for something.  It cracks me up.  Like when Dax prays for a little girl we know of with leukemia, he says "Please bless everyone that is sick or has the 'lukini'..."  What a love.

Anyway, all this to say... I'm with Ace on this one.  Orange is not an acceptable substitute for FLESH colored skin.  Case in point... My little readers in their neon above...
& Booner Bear -- in the "flesh" below.
 I'm dead on the floor little man.  
Let my head stone read, "Died of SO MUCH LOVE for that little dimpled heiny.
Scrumptious.

No comments: