Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Falling out of Chaos...

I won't lie to you... 
All the creative/fun/adventurous juices that typically percolate in my soul have been nearly snuffed out as of late.  I've been in survival mode. 
We tackled a little home reno.
We did it with four kids.
During the first couple weeks of school.
With a baby who is mobile.
We did it during one of the busiest months of Ryan's working life.
We did it when three out of four kids and two parents had colds.
And just to add a little cherry on top of our messy life cake - we threw in family pictures, some extra obligations for me and a sprinkling of last minute travel for RyGar.

BOOM
That's the sound of the last of my "fun mom" self imploding -
 With all the organization left in our home.

BUT NOW...
Our home is nearly back to it's clean and cozy state.
And with it, my personal well being made a rebound.
I see us creeping back, just like I see the reds and oranges of fall making their presence more widely known on the mountains around us.
And you know what that means?
a.  Happy Husband - Hunting & Football & Fingers crossed less work - oh my.
b.  Happy Boys who are back in their rooms and fully immersed in soccer & school.
c.  A mama who is googling ALL the pumpkin everything recipes as she munches on peaches, carmel apples and pine nuts.
And of course, a trip up the canyon to catch the earliest glimpses of fall's colors.
We were early - but the view didn't suck nonetheless.
It's become one of my favorite traditions to take an afternoon and trek outside to take it all in with my fellas.  I hear them gush out "my lines" and it makes me smile like a loon.
"Do you guys smell this air?"  they say.  "Mmmm it smells so fresh and crisp!"
or 
"Oh my goodness that tree looks like it's on FIRE!  The reds and oranges are my favorite."
They collect the leaves.  They pile little gold doubloons from the aspen and miniature red flames from the maples and they pack them up to share with their classmates.
This year they were pretty cute to share the "fall vibes" with Boone too.  It was sweet to watch them scamper around to, "Find him a red one!" and then proudly hand it to him like a gift from a Wise man to the wee Babe and giggle when he immediately put it into his mouth.
It's clear the red & gold ones taste better too - in case you were wondering.
We are shifting seasons and starting to think about staying in more with the onset of fall.
Actually, scratch that... even new floors at home doesn't compare to scenes like this.
Gimme all the boys, all the leaf strewn trails, and all the mountains.
 That is where it's at.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Amber! My main floor is completely torn apart while Preston slowly but surely puts in new floors. It amazes me sometimes what kind of Twilight Zone parallel universes we live in. I am completely going crazy and I keep cleaning the upstairs bathrooms over and over because there is just nothing to be done in the living room/kitchen/playroom/foyer/everything else with furniture strewn every which way and dust and old carpet bits covering everything and AAAHHHH! I am so jealous that you are nearly done..I see this dragging on for weeks and weeks at my house.