Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Long Valentine's Weekend...

President's Day coincided with Valentine's weekend this year.  It was also the first weekend we (and by we - I mean, Boone and I) actually got out of the walls of our house for a night on the town.  Kinda.  Sort of.  I mean, if you count going to the Sportsman's Expo dinner as a "romantic night out" with a five week old in tow - well then, we nailed it.  :)
We met all the adults of my family Friday night in Salt Lake.  We had prearranged for the big boys to sleep over at Grandma Janice's house and cousin Zane's house.  And there we were - with a babe in tow - and thousands of other sportsmen - at a banquet dinner.  It was fun to visit with my Mom and sisters and watch my Dad rock the babe.  OK and not cook dinner or do the dishes.  I even made Ryno pose for a selfie as evidence that we did celebrate Valentine's weekend with a date night.
Sunday fun-day was Valentine's.  All my boyfriends went to church and I prepped them a "No Fork" noodle dinner then presented them with cookies the size of their faces.  #winning
P.S. It took Kael .3 seconds to lick his frosted name right off the top of that thing.
Bright and early on President's day we headed to Provo to walk through the new temple.  The boys were SO DANG GOOD I nearly banged my head into a wall.  Boone slept in Ryan's arms the entire time.  Ace only had one outburst when he saw the mural with "A TIGER!" which he prompted ran up and petted and hugged profusely - oops - and Kael and Dax didn't even trip one another or drink from the fountains that were all roped off.  I call that a win.  The temple woodwork and stained glass was all so AH-Mazing!  It was a beautiful, early and drizzly morning with my faves.
And it ended with a nap with one of my faves...
Ohhh naps are truly my love language - so even though RyGar didn't send me flowers, he wins because he did give me that... the baby AND the nap!  :)

No comments: