Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Truth Behind Newborn Photo Shoots...

There is something you should know about newborn photo shoots.
They are PURE torture.
(As evidenced by Boone's face below)
I'm not kidding.  Don't ever underestimate the pain and suffering that is the trip to the photo studio with your just "days old" babe.  Just ask me, my over-full boobs, and my sweaty forehead.  Because that was the pretty picture I was after it was all said and done.  
Or you can ask the man in the truck parked outside the big windows of the studio who identified my plight as a free freak show and hung outside to watch as I ran back and forth fetching binkies & swaddles, bouncing and swaying and shushing, cursing the whole idea and at the same time pleading with the Heavens for one sleepy shot, a little yawn, or a content little profile picture.
And Glory Be when I sent the big boys off to McDonald's play land with the Mister and my Mama and I bundled up little Boone and headed for home. Finally.  His patience and my nerves completely shot.  
Are they perfect?  Nah... but I'll be damned if we didn't get that sleepy little yawn and a thoughtful little profile and a grand total of one sleeping shot while we were there.  Check.  Check.  Check.
 And his cornsilk hair and soft newborn pink skin were the stars of the show. 
 And this relationship... of course.
BAM.
Lucky lucky me.  Despite the torturous evening at the photo studio.  :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg... so freaking cute. Love how he's wide-eyed

Lisa said...

Why do I ever take a break from reading blogs? Or at least yours? I shall put it on my to do list every week! Because it's the best feel good read around! I adore and salute you mom o four! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Lindsay said...

I haven't checked blogs for many months, but just checked yours tonight randomly. So, so happy for you and your newest addition. He looks perfect!!! Congrats my friend - you are a beautiful mama!!!