Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Our New Little Love...

Dear World...
We would like to introduce you to the littlest love of our life,
Boone Raef Gardner.
Born Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 at 12:54 pm
7 lbs 6 oz of pure mellow fellow.
The breeziest pregnancy and delivery of them all.

And just like that our hearts grew exponentially.
He was a mystery to us for so long.  Such a surprise of the best variety.  And yet here he is, the most certain thing we've ever known.  We couldn't be happier to call ourselves a family.

I was overwhelmed by the love I felt in the moment that I met him.  I teared up in pure bliss.  This was him.  This was the little person I had felt move and grow inside of me for the last few months.  The person whom I had wished for in the deepest recesses of my heart.

He was worth every second of pain.  He was one of the most beautiful things I'd ever seen.  He was newborn pink and alert and finally here.  In my arms.  Fitting perfectly in that little crook of my neck and lighting the world on fire in the best possible way.


So, in the end, we got our little dream boy caboose baby.  But then, I guess it's not really the end at all.  But the beginning.  And January 6th, 2016 was the first step in his journey.



The beginning of a new chapter.  A chapter that will certainly be gratifying and messy and hard and wonderful and happy and everything.  Everything all at once.  Probably our best written chapter yet -- Bring it on!
Thanks for the surprise of a lifetime Baby Love.
We just adore you.

5 comments:

The Rosenberg's said...

He is absolutely adorable Amber - congratulations!

The Barclay Family said...

What a sweet, handsome baby. And it's not fair that you look so beautiful right after giving birth, Amber! Congrats to all of you.

Chrystie said...

Oh little Boone, you are adorable! I love the name, and he is heaven...that hair!! And amen to the comment above, you look stunning right after pushing a human being out of your body! I look 1000x worse after a 3 mile run (let's face it, I don't look that good BEFORE a run). Congratulations you guys!!

Jenn said...

So excited to watch this little man grow with your family! He's amazing! <3

The Sutherland Family said...

Little Love is SO cute! I need to snuggle him again =)