Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Wild Things in Animal Kingdom...

One of my kiddos' favorite days in Florida was the day we spent at Animal Kingdom.  I attribute this to the fact that wild speaks to wild - so this was right up their alley.
We RAN through the gates that morning and turned straight toward Avatar.  Being the good parents we are, we had watched the movie with our kiddos a few weeks prior to our trip in preparation of this ride which we heard was ALL THE RAGE.
No joke, we got there and were greeted with a "75 minute wait" sign.  (Insert cuss words)
But we were fresh off a hotel continental breakfast and we knew we would score a two-fer since we had to do the stroller exchange - so wait we did.
Ask any one of our lads and they'll tell you IT WAS WORTH IT.
They loved the ride!  And yes, they got to go twice for the price of one wait - once with RyGar and once with me - while we alternated waiting with Booner who patiently made friends of the short toddler variety and hopped and skipped and jib jabbed together.
We were all totally impressed with the animal safari as well.  I did not know they had a whole plethora of live crocs or free roaming giraffes or herds of white rhinos and elephants within the park.  It was epic!  See that homely tree?  It is the Baobab tree and it stores gallons of water in it's trunk to live in the desert climate without rainfall for months on end.  Scientific fact spazz out.
We attended the light show on the water and we were captivated.  It was beautifully done and the setting was gorgeous.  As we walked out that evening we were totally entranced by the films playing on the "tree of life"...  Disney really does know how to do it.  Way to go, Walt.
Finally, the big boys wanted to hit Everest ONE LAST TIME to ride the Yeti ride at night so Boone and I walked and waited and ultimately bought the $25 bubble wand.  
Worth every last penny.
No regrets.  :)

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Awesome! Did you edit "certain parts" of said Avatar movie? My Dax wants to watch it and I said no :) Due to the kissy parts, you know what I mean. I guess I'll have to make my way back to Disneyworld someday, last time I was there the avatar stuff wasn't open yet. Looks awesome!