Friday, December 15, 2017

The Polar Express...

For family night this week we headed up to Heber to ride the Polar Express.
I think Ryan was 90/10 with dread and happiness.
But oh how quickly he whistled a different tune!
Let me do the math for you:
5 little dudes
A TRAIN - A real live train!
Elves that sing and dance and giggle with the passengers
Open Mic time for cracking jokes and singing along
Hot chocolate
Cookies
AND a surprise visit from Santa himself!
It was pure magic.
The little lads of ours worked their charm on the staff and cracked hilarious jokes for our entire car, including this gem from Kael who kicked things off with a bang:
"What do elves learn first at elf school?"
The "ELF-abet!"
Ryan even got in on the karaoke action and sang Jingle Bells loud and proud into the mic that our train conductor stuck right into his face.  :)
The windows fogged over and then the game became "drawing the best Christmas picture in your window pane".  Soon we arrived at our destination...  Lights everywhere and Santa waving at us from his front porch in the North Pole.  It was stunning.
Santa hopped in our train car and he visited with every kiddo and delivered a special "Santa's Sleigh" jingle bell for everyone.  Carols blasted from the speakers and the kids were over the moon excited.  It was epic.
Boone found a little girlfriend that he danced around the car with and she planted a big old kiss right on his mouth.  He giggled and smiled and followed her around like a puppy.  It was adorable.
I'm not overstating it - though I know it basically is what you make it - but man, oh man - worth every red cent!  I love this phase of life.  I love the holiday magic that having little ones brings.  I know I'm a cheese ball sometimes, but these holiday scenes ignite this nearly overwhelming deep gratitude for me.  The kind that almost takes my breath away that I get to experience this window of motherhood. I feel so deeply honored and blessed.
And three cheers for the Polar Express.

1 comment:

Chrystie said...

Looks AMAZING! How fun! Okay, how have I never gone on this train?? Maybe it is because the actual "Polar Express" movie creeps me out no end and I avoid watching it whenever possible?