Thursday, June 23, 2011

BIT of a Rut...


I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump. I have at least two dozen items on my summer project list, but amongst pool time, splash parks, cleaning, laundry, sidewalk chalk, bike rides, meal time, and mowing... I am getting a big fat F for progress. Do you know the feeling?
It is making me slightly nuts-o.

There was a time when this crazy little kicky baby inside of me was chill and tiny and would let me do all kinds of things with my usual abundance of energy. Now it seems that he is sucking my reservoirs of the good stuff by the gulp (Not that I'm not happy to share - but can I have a little sip here and there?) By the time 10 pm rolls around, mama is out... cold.
Please refer to below pie chart for additional detail.


Anyway, I suppose somehow it will all get done... including the elusive peep hole on the front door which has been plaguing my "to do list" for about a year now.... ugh. If only the big man and I could just be livin' off the interest of our millions in investments, right? Then I could have him here all to myself as my personal masseuse and handy man.
DAY.DREAMING.

And in the meantime, take a look at my little pool honeys.
(A proper noun I learned from the classic cinematic piece, "The Sandlot".)




They prefer to splash with their shoes on due to previous experiences with "slippage".
I think this shows their level of genius and adds to their charm.
AND, like two old men on a summer day, they like to have the occasional mili-seconds of rest in their little red "cheers" (or chairs), so named by Big K.




When they aren't splashing - they're sampling the sand and "riding their bikes"... which is a phrase I use very liberally here. And they work away at the often talked about but ever so elusive summer butt tan line... especially our little tan man, Dax. This is a personal favorite of mine. They are my little bleaching blondies and I love 'em to bits.


Cue the Techno version of "Dirty Bits" from the Black Eyed Peas...



ALL of their bits!

4 comments:

Mel said...

I love the chair idea in the pool! You think Kael would let me borrow his?
Don't you wish you could know all that goes on in their little heads?!

jasmin said...

I love it.Your little ones are just so cute and I can relate to having no energy.I have 5 weeks left and then we add another little babe to the mix.

Lisa said...

whoa whoa whoa, i had a lot to catch up on in the gardner world, i've been busy and slacking on my blog checking, but i think im all caught up. and ready to lay it out. let see.. first of all, nice multitasking with the teeth brushing and swimming at the same time on kaels part. second, when did dax turn from baby to toddler? third, when did you say you wanted us to come over for a fish fry again, i forgot to put it on my calendar, and lastly.... where is some belly pics of my favorite california friend. i never get to see you and i need my fix somehow!!

Emily Bogh said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog! I did take that picture in Richfield. It is behind the Inter-City Delivery building that is at about 600 East and Center. Your boys are so darling and congrats on number I am so happy for you!