Monday, April 14, 2014

Ride On...

A few more shots from our time in the desert this past week...
With my favorite trio of all time, ever, in the history of all mankind.
Mainly because my camera held a mere 428 images and I've paired down as much as any gal can be expected to pair down.  
In no particular order, on this day, we ate cookies the size of our faces.  Ace ate exactly SIX pink cookies during our four day stay.  His pastry lovin' genes are impressive.  Uncle Bruin would be so proud as he invented the "Breakfast Sandwich" philosophy - which is Oreos & milk as the first meal o' the day.  Breakfast of champs, indeed.
Kael mastered the GQ pose.  It's seriously legit.  And with his new obsession with Daddy's old shades, I kid you not, I got a glimpse into his teenage years.  Holy crap.
He's also completely nailed his, "I'm workin' right now" shtick.  I mean, you can't just splash around ALL the day long.  At some point you've got to be productive, right?
When everyone else is takes a break to stuff their faces or send off a few emails, the little die hard is still at it full force.  There is a reason Dax is our tiny hustler.  The boy never, ever stops moving.  And since there was an obvious lack of playmates - he just found the nearest statue and made do.  'Atta boy, Dax.  Way to take turns with your new friend.
Clearly, after you've been fully saturated with water and sun, you convince your Mama to let you ride the carousel.  Which, of course, she'll oblige because it's a nice little change of pace and that vintage beauty begs to be photographed.  Way to go city of St. George - way to go.  Tax dollars well spent.
I don't know how to prep you for these next pics - so just know that YES, I totally get what a magnificent privilege it is to be these boys' mama, and YES, I feel blessed beyond belief to have a hubs that supports us in every way so we can head off to find adventure and learn and grow and see new things, and YES, I am that girl geeking out over a few days in the sun with just me and my boys.  But you guys, it's only my favorite thing in the world to do.  So there.
And now we're almost back to business as usual.  Except - not even close.  Because we have a family wedding this week, followed by the start of swim lessons, followed by Easter, followed by who knows what else the Gypsy Mister of mine will pull outta his hat.  And isn't that kind of one of the best things about being in a family?  You just never know what might happen next but you're pretty sure it's gonna be borderline epic.
Hold on to your hats y'all.  This month is turning out to be a great ride.

No comments: